enabling audio cd sound in emu10kx driver

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Tue Nov 29 18:57:54 GMT 2005

On stardate Mon, 28 Nov 2005, the wise Lowell Gilbert entered:

> Unfortunately, there is more than one chipset in different cards that
> are called by that name.

My dmesg says:

pcm0: <Creative Audigy 2 (EMU10K2)> port 0xee80-0xeebf irq 21 at device 4.0 on pci6
pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>

Does this mean it has a "SigmaTel" chip? The user manual only speaks of an
audigy2 chip.

> And "kldload snd_emu10k1" doesn't work?

This driver is loaded in my /boot/loader.conf and gives the boot messages
in my dmesg like mentioned above.

--
Hollywood is where if you don't have happiness you send out for it.
		-- Rex Reed