eBay is recomending MS-IE-6 for better service UNDER FreeBSD-5.4 ?????

Hanno Krusken lr101fc at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 14:01:29 GMT 2005

Hi eBay,

Now, I think you don't understand.

Internet explorer 6 is by far older than the advanced
FirFox 1.0.7 !
I use the same FireFox 1.0.7 under XP with out
problems, but I'm working under FreeBSD-UNIX the
MS-intenet explorer dose not work under Unix any way.

I only need to know which port needed to be open in my
firewall to do image uploads.

Hanno

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:44:34 -0800
eBay United Kingdom Customer Support
<ukcswebhelp at ebay.com> wrote:

> Hello Hanno,
>
> Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support. I
am sorry to learn
> that you are facing trouble on eBay.
>
> Hanno, unfortunately if you are using older and/or
more basic browsers,
> our site is generally unusable. This is due to the
fact that many of the
> forms and navigation use more advanced web language
(HTML 4.0, JAVA,
> etc.) The only advice we can suggest, is to either
try to see if you can
> get an update of the software you are using, or
perhaps use another
> system that has more advanced browser capabilities.
>
> The latest version of Internet Explorer 6 is
available from:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.ms
> px
>

> This link leads to a page where you can download
Internet Explorer 6
> Service Pack 1. This Service Pack includes a full
installation of
> Internet Explorer 6, so you will be able to use it
to upgrade an older
> version of Internet Explorer.
>
> Again, thank you for your email and please don't
hesitate to let us know
> if you have any further questions or concerns.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Damon R.
> eBay Customer Support
> ______________________________
>
> NEW!!!!
>
> Want It Now (WIN)
and member suggestions
> we are very excited to announce Want It Now, a new
way for members to
> buy and sell unique, hard-to-find items.
>
> With Want It Now, buyers can now tell sellers
exactly what they are
> looking for when they are unable to find it on the
site. Sellers can
> then browse through these requests to find buyers
for their items, as
> well as get new ideas for what items are in demand.
>
> For more information about Want It Now, please check
out our Frequently

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/specialtysites/win_post.html

> eNews!
> The eBay Announcement Boards contain the latest
information regarding
> eBay features, system status, and special
promotions:

>  http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-uk.shtml
>

> Original Message Follows:
> -------------------------
>
> Form Message %33322% 031300
> D_ID112820050735D_ID/W_ID47868611W_ID/S_ID003S_ID
> Subject:  GS=C31009 The problem you're having with
listing and managing
> your item isn't listed [#UK A97 ?01 ]
>
> User Feedback:  265
> User State:  ?01
>
> Browser Info:  Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386;
en-US; rv:1.7.12)
> Gecko/20051105 Firefox/1.0.7
>
> Ask about selling (for sellers only) > Listing and
managing your
> listings > The problem you're having with listing
and managing your item
> isn't listed
>
> Message: Hi there,
> PLEASE HELP
> I'm running FreeBSD-5.4 Unix with FireFox 1.0.7 as
my operation systen
> and web-browser, and can not upload any images to
open a auction with
> your online listening tool, I can not even relist
any older auctions.
> I run a -firewall- and -Portsentry- as well, and
need to know, which
> PORT is needed to be able to upload the images.
>
> This are my ports and there status.
> Service: Ports
> FTP DATA: 20 CLOSED
> FTP: 21 CLOSED
> SSH: 22 CLOSED
> TELNET: 23 CLOSED
> SMTP: 25 CLOSED
> DNS: 53 CLOSED
> DCC: 59 CLOSED
> FINGER: 79 CLOSED
> WEB: 80 BLOCKED
> POP3: 110 CLOSED
> IDENT: 113 CLOSED
> Location service: 135 CLOSED
> NetBIOS: 139 CLOSED
> HTTPS: 443 CLOSED
>
> for now I have to swoop my hard-disk with XP on it,
to be able to open a
> auction, which is NOT what I gone to do for any
longer.