system time "slowing down" ?

werther.pirani at nexgo.de werther.pirani at nexgo.de
Tue Nov 29 12:36:43 GMT 2005

> on Technical University near where i live they attached atomic clock time
> receiver (this signal is transmitted somewhere i don't know well this) to
> one of their suns, and it gives rdate and ntp protocol out.
>
> i use it on all my servers.

Here's a list of public, and 100% official I(i.e., stratum 1 ntp servers):

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ntp.html

Pick any of them and add it/tem to /etc/ntp.conf, then set up things so that ntpd
is started at boot time and you're set (I actually have 3 of them in there and let
nptd pick up the most suitable one).

Werther
--
I went mad for a while -- it did me no end of good.

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - über 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1