Linux compatible pthreads and gdb support for thread debugging

Sam Hon sam.hon at radixs.com
Tue Nov 29 10:42:25 GMT 2005

Hi,

I had a problem in porting some Linux multi-threaded applications (using
pthreads),
to FreeBSD 5.4 some months back. Although gcc compiles them ok, but
through the
course of debugging, the threads behaves weirdly and gdb couldn't debug
those threads.

Has the new FreeBSD 6.0 resolved this issue? I read the errata and
release notes, couldn't
found the details I need, but I saw in the release notes that the kernel
debugger has improved.
Not sure if this is the same thing that caused my problem.

Best regards,
Sam