mysql 5.0 on FreeBSD 5.3

Ron lists at rzweb.com
Mon Nov 28 21:26:14 GMT 2005

Thanks.

I updated my source tree, and am about to run the following (20.4.1 in
the handbook):

# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# reboot

But, it then says:

After installkernel finishes successfully, you should boot in single
user mode (i.e. using boot -s from the loader prompt). Then run:

# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

Is it going to be possible to do this upgrade without access to the
server?  I am going to need to do this whole process over ssh.  My
server is several hundred miles away.  Do I need to update the kernel?

Thanks for the help,
Ron