broken openssl on freebsd60

Russell E. Meek rmeek at russellmeek.net
Mon Nov 28 15:27:24 GMT 2005

Benjamin Thelen wrote:

> Russell E. Meek schrieb:

>>> I have no idea. I didn't know it was part of the base system, but
>>> when I went to install apache2, postgresql, etc, those ports wanted
>>> to install the openssl port or at least they used to.
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lowell Gilbert"
>>> <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org>

Ben,

Sorry about the confusion, make.conf is the global register that all
ports look to for build information.

By default ports requiring dependancies will build these dependancies
according to their individual make file (normally ports.)

(man make.conf) will show you more in depth about what the make.conf is
file and many of the global registers that can be used.

php5-openssl is just a shared extension, how did you install Apache with
OpenSSL?  Port or Base?

How are you installing OpenOffice 2 to where it requires OpenSSL, I do
not see OpenSSL as a dependancy?

Thanks,

Russell