strange entropy (or cron) message

nospam at apriori.net nospam at apriori.net
Mon Nov 28 14:00:16 GMT 2005

> On Sunday 27 November 2005 08:29 pm, nospam at apriori.net wrote:
>> Greetings -
[...]
>> filling up with strange messages regarding a "save-entropy" thing:
>> Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:11:00 -0500 (EST)
>> From: Cron Daemon <operator at ...>
>> To: operator at ...
>> Subject: Cron <operator at ...> /usr/libexec/save-entropy
>>
>> 5 : not found
>>
>> I have noticed that while still at the command line, the number "5"
>> sporadically appears in the boot messages; the system responds with the
>> equivalent of "don't know what that's for..." message.

> Carefully check your /etc/rc.conf file for something uncommented or
> corrupted.
> I had the same problem with This: not found and it turned out to be a line
> in
> the header was uncommented and the next word was "This". It about drove me
> batty until I found it.
>
> Beech

Thanks, Beech! I modified /etc/rc.conf and that stopped the weird stuff
from happening. It was some weird placement of double quotes. I compared
it to examples online and saw that mine looked bizarre at best.

It also made me pursue getting my scrolling mouse to scroll. Not there
yet, but I haven't given up! Thanks again. :-)

Kind regards,
-- paz.