Windows/FreeBSD VPNs

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Mon Nov 28 13:32:02 GMT 2005

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
> Do you use mpd through a firewall? If so, how do you deal with the gre
> protocol? I've not been able to get that going through a firewall. Can i
> see your server/client configs? I'm wanting to compare your working
> windows one to my nonworking setup.
> Thanks.
> Dave.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Vidican" <nvidican at wmptl.com>

Actually, I have not got an install of mpd running right now - used to run it
from my office, but that office has since closed and I am employed elsewhere
now. When I did have it running, I had a dual-homed machine which had an outside
(static valid internet IP) and an inside interface to the LAN. The building at
the time actually had 5 different networks, so routing and firewalling were a
little more complex than most - but if I recall, each login via mpd get's it's
own aliased interface on the FreeBSD machine, so just create your firewall rules
appropriately. - Not sure how/if you can run mpd through NAT if that's what you
were asking.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com