OT: unlucky generalizations [was: Re: Newbie Q: freeBSD vs openBSD]

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:42:02 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 00:21 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-11-27 16:25, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net> wrote:
> > for all that think about security please don't use popular
> > books, learn by yourself, and don't configure and use things
> > like everyone else do!
>
> <somewhat-far-fetched-comment/
>
> Then you can never "build upon the experience of others".
> That's a *terrible* strategy, IMHO :-(

Don't know about anybody else...but I would never be able to do this. I
have a fixed strategy....Find a product...lurk on mailing
list...research subject depending upon time you have...ask Q on mailing
list....do default install like everyone else...ask Q whenever get
stuck..u get answers fast bcos its like everyone else...get competent on
the product...by this time your lurking has got you several different
approaches...try them...get better on product...and build your own
approach ;-)

I am a brain lazy guy...never think if I can avoid it ;-) This approach
is definitely not for me...it would take a thinker & a strategist...not
a lazybones like me ;-((

Best regards.
Sanjay.