FreeBSD pacakges?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Nov 27 05:49:07 GMT 2005

	On my Thinkpad with 5.4 I'm able to use portupgrade -PP[&c]
	to upgrade my ports via packages, but on my 5.3 platform I get

--->  Fetching abiword-plugins-2.4.1
fetch:
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/All/abiword-plugins-2.4.1.tbz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
** The command returned a non-zero exit status: 1

	Do we have to be this restrictive?  I can see keeping the
	versions 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, nd  so forth separate, but no
	reason to *not* let the majority of ports for, say, AbiWord,
	from being able t be installed by package instead of having
	to pull over the source tarball ...

	Hopefully somebody can shed some insights.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix