Yesterday's -STABLE kernel corrupts LAN

matt . fasterdisco at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:25:33 GMT 2005

FreeBSD should really consider changing the name of their branch name STABLE
to DEV or PRE-RELEASE, since it clearly states on freebsd.org the STABLE
branch is for those wishing to track and contribute to the development
process of the next FreeBSD RELEASE.  It makes sense to leave RELEASE the
way it is, since RELEASE branches are meant exactly for how their namesake
states.   FreeBSD-CURRENT pretty much self-explains what it's meant for,
which is the latest, bleeding edge code, which once tested is added to
STABLE...or wait, then maybe CURRENT should be called DEV?  aaaaahhh!!  :)

matt