about /usr/src/etc

ivan.roth at free.fr ivan.roth at free.fr
Sat Nov 26 15:56:32 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 13:41, RW wrote:

>> You only have the kernel source, not the world source.  Try updating with
>> cvsup as described in the handbook.

I missed the bit about missing man pages. I guess you did a very minimal
install without manpages and with only the kernel source.

If you run sysinstall as root you can install the manpages and the full
source. (Don't be put off by the word "full", it's just the source for the
base system, It doesn't include package source.)

Excuse me for the strange reply format, I am temporarily using a webmail to send
and a software to receive.

Well, I do not know why it disappeared or maybe I am too tired but I am sure I
installed all sources...

But you're right, no more trouble now, all man pages are back and all
directories too.

Thanks, Ivan.