How to have sshd log IP numbers instead of reverse lookups

James Long list at museum.rain.com
Fri Nov 25 07:06:19 GMT 2005

I was looking at /var/log/auth.log and saw an entry of the form:

Nov 24 18:41:37 ns sshd[58083]: error: PAM: authentication error for username from example.com

I wish to have an IP number logged where sshd has instead logged
'example.com'

Reading sshd's man page and sshd_config's man page, I don't find any
way to control this.

Since 'example.com' could have multiple IP numbers, how can I change
sshd's configuration to log the IP number from whence the
authentication error originated?

Thanks!

Jim