FreeBSD 6.0 GENERIC Kernel perfomance

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Nov 24 17:26:48 GMT 2005

Dmytro,

  Instructions for updating the ports tree are in the handbook on
freebsd.org

  Please understand that the ports directory tree distributed with the
RELEASE cd's is always out of date.  I never install it when I install
a RELEASE.  I always use cvsup to download the current ports tree
after installation.

I just setup a P4 3.2Ghz system with a gig of ram and mirrored SATA
drives, and I ran the mysql benchmarks on it, and they are quite a
bit faster than any other systems I have.  Please
post mysql benchmarks on your system, or post any other benchmarks
that you think are indicative of kernel slowness?  I will run the same
and
we can compare to see if there's a difference.

Ted