using freebsd for a router

JD Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Nov 24 14:34:11 GMT 2005

I dont want to start a flame/war here...but was *just* wondering...

I currently use OpenBSD-3.8 for my router (T-1 with many statics) and
then use FreeBSD-6.0 for my servers (web/mail/DNS...)

I am debating on just standardizing to all FreeBSD.

It seems the security is quite the same - but I dont know about
performance pros/cons.

It seems that the 'pf' that comes with FreeBSD 6.0 is equal to that
within OBSD 3.8.

So all things considered - is there any advantage to using FreeBSD
for a router or just keeping things the way they are....?

Thanks for any comments or flames (I suppose).

-JD