FreeBSD 6.0 and VmWare 5

Joao Barros joao.barros at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 02:27:44 GMT 2005

On 11/15/05, Mário Gamito <lists at tuxdoit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has any one around here tried to run FreeBSD 6.0 in VmWare 5 (Windows)
> with success ?
>
> FreeBSD's install reboots when it comes to package installation.

I haven't upgraded 6.0 from BETA something on my laptop but it's been
working back from 5.x days so I didn't really install 6 on it.
What kind of disk are you using on the VM, ide, scsi?
What about the installation media, iso mounted on virtual cdrom, using
real cdrom?

off topic: são raros os portugueses por estas paragens ;)

--
Joao Barros