recompiled 6.0 does not boot -- need help !!

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Wed Nov 23 00:47:30 GMT 2005

> loader.old??? AFAIK loader is not rebuilt while compiling kernel and
> there is no such file like loader.old created!

It is installed with world and not kernel then. Sorry for getting that
wrong, I didn't check. But it makes no difference to the original poster
because he reinstalled both world and kernel:

 > i recompiled kernel (and world) and it does not boot anymore.

Of course, the handbook recommends installing a new kernel and rebooting
before installing world, but people keep doing it differently ;).

- Bartosz