Where or What is 'idconfig'

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Nov 22 12:16:51 GMT 2005

I realize that this is probably a lame question to ask, but I cannot
resist it.

I have noticed the following in several scripts as well as being present
during a 'make' session.

/sbin/ldconfig -m

I believe that the '-m' switch does change occasionally, but off hand I do
not remember. My question is, exactly where and or what is 'idconfig'? I
cannot find it in the /sbin directory. The 'man' pages do not have any
listing for it that I can find.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of
saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother,
drunk or sober.

 	G. K. Chesterton