nss_ldap on FreeBSD 5.3

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Mon Nov 21 19:11:29 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 13:05 -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> Two things to check, first off, user must be in group 'wheel' (gid 0), in order
> to su, and also check settings in "/etc/pam.d/su", (su has seperate settings).

wheel, duh! sorry for asking such stupid questions. I hope this one is
not so stupid - how can I get the users to show up on the user list in
the gdm when using a template that shows a list of all users? I
have /etc/pam.d/gdm all setup and can login no problem with LDAP users.
Actually, this list does not even populate with the system users.

BTW, after several years working with FreeBSD as a server, this is the
first time using FreeBSD as a workstation with GUI, very nice. I think
better than my Linux workstation as far as the number of bugs (haven't
found any yet). But I'll have to admit, the setup for things like LDAP
much easier in SuSE Linux, all integrated into GUI. But I choose
stability over ease of use.