Which firewall?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Nov 21 06:56:25 GMT 2005

On 11/17/05 21:21 Sasa Stupar said the following:
> --On 17. november 2005 18:19 +0800 Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:
>> it's a freebsd 4.11 based system with a nice UI.
> Hmmm, this looks interesting.

and there's now an ALPHA release based on freebsd 6.0-RELEASE.

one thing we've noticed though is a tremendous drop in network performance
between 4.x and 6.0. on 4.x with the soekris net4801, we're getting 38Mbps
throughput between both interfaces, but this drops to 20Mbps when 6.0 is
used. this is a clear apples to apples comparison with the only thing
changing being the base OS.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/