comms/mlan3 port woes [SOLVED (enough)]

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sun Nov 20 17:28:35 GMT 2005

Following myself up (gulp):

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/comms/mlan3/files/patch-aa?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> I can *almost* see what needs doing to patch-aa to hopefully fix the
> broken make for the thermo programs, cloned from other subdir Makefiles,
> but I don't know how to go about fixing that, where to put things, or how
> to generate an updated patch file and apply it.

I spent Sunday afternoon amongst the Porter's Handbook and bsd.*.make
files, learning enough to move some stuff around, hack some Makefiles, rm
dross and restart from 'make build' to compile the 2 ThermoCron programs.

Still have no idea how to generate a proper patch to do that, but I can
outline what I did and when, offlist, should anybody else be in need ..

Cheers, Ian