MX freebsd

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sun Nov 20 14:53:33 GMT 2005

dick hoogendijk <dick at nagual.st> wrote:

> Any idea how long it takes until the MX freebsd mailservers know that
> my mail relay has changed? It's three days ago now that I changed my MX
> records and still mail for nagual.st is routed to my old mx
> mailservers. Mail arrives (luckely) because those servers are still
> operational, but...(?) When are the dns servers for the freebsd
> mailservers updated?

Depends on how your DNS was set up.  _Your_ DNS records include information
about how long it is OK to cache DNS records.

I've seen these timeouts occasionally set as high as a week, although even
larger values are certainly possible.  Check in your DNS zone to see what
they are set to.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies