UPS advice, please ...

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Nov 19 20:09:48 GMT 2005

On Nov 19, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Kiffin Gish wrote:

> And which one do you recommend?
>
> I have two mini-towers, one an old dell dimension 650R 200W and
> another
> clone anthlon-xp 300W.
>
> Do I need two UPS or can I get one which can service these two
> machines?

In your case I would get two so that each machine can be signaled to
separately and if it is a two way street reply separately.  I have
never used the UPS daemons so don't know how they work but I doubt
they are made to work with multiples on the UPS.

If you are not going to have the machine interact with the UPS then
you can get one to cover both machines

Chad