dds drive support?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Sat Nov 19 17:44:05 GMT 2005

Bob Ababurko wrote:

> I am trying to figure out whether or not I can run a Seagate dds-4
> STD2401LW tape drive under freebsd...say 6.0.  Or any version for that
> matter.

Assuming it's a SCSI tape drive then there is no particular reason it
would not work.  SCSI tape drives are all the same as far as the OS is
concerned.  If your SCSI controller is supported then there is no
particular reason to believe it won't work.

Of course, some manufacturer somewhere may make one that behaves badly
for some reason (there are no guarantees) but if google doesn't show
anyone having trouble then the likelihood is that no-one is having trouble.

--Alex