[summary] Apple intel transition (was: Re: Status of 6.0 forproduction systems)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Nov 19 12:19:07 GMT 2005

So, since your the expert on this, what is the "normal HW upgrade cycle"?

I suppose all Mac users follow the same upgrade cycle, huh.

>Chad
>most of whose Macs are built from parts from eBay and parts shops and
>PC parts [total 3 Macs in the last 3 years -- personal and business
>owned], though he does have 3 original purchased Macs from Apple
>since 1998 [all business owned], 1 of which has been passed on to
>others.

Hmm - so your own upgrade cycle is what, 8 years?  From 1998 to 2005?
Or were you gonna keep those original Macs longer than this year?

So, Apple is going to be supporting PPC for another 8 years, then.  OK.

Ted