Network configuration

Michał Masłowski mtmi at o2.pl
Fri Nov 18 22:27:55 GMT 2005

> Ok, I have to assume some things here, correct me if I'm wrong:
>
> - both PC's are plugged into a switch/hub
They are.
> - your routers LAN IP address is 10.50.93.1
10.50.93.127 is my WAN's broadcast address.
> - you are NOT trying to get the second PC on the Internet
No, I'm not. The agreement with my ISP doesn't allow to connect more than one
computer to the WAN.

> Now, I don't want to just give you my first advice, as I don't fully
> understand your methods here, so please post the relevant portions of
> /etc/rc.conf in relation to the network configuration. We'll then go
> from there.
>
> Steve

Part of my network's configuration is not in /etc/rc.conf . I have there only
ifconfig_rl0="DHCP" to connect to the Internet. I used these commands to
configure the LAN:
#ifconfig rl0 alias 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2

On the second PC:
#ifconfig fxp0 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.1

It's based on this, what is in the Handbook about IPv4 networks.