rcorder again..

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Nov 17 12:47:27 GMT 2005

Well...I was surprised that no one replied. I was trying to figure
out why ppp-user would start BEFORE pf fired up....

It appears easy enough to change, but its untested:

Edit /etc/rc.d/ppp-user:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/ppp-user,v 1.7 2004/12/15 12:39:28 brian Exp $
#

# PROVIDE: ppp-user
# REQUIRE: netif isdnd pf <--- add pf
# KEYWORD: nojail

=============================

Then rcorder shows things BETTER:

/etc/rc.d/netif
/etc/rc.d/pfsync
/etc/rc.d/pflog
/etc/rc.d/pf
/etc/rc.d/isdnd
/etc/rc.d/ppp-user

my only concern might be that tun0 is not created until ppp-user
launches (correct me if I am wrong) and pf might have an issue with
an interface that doesnt yet exist. Under OpenBSD, tun0 is there
before ppp even starts.
Wouldnt we WANT pf to be active prior to ppp launching (like in openbsd?)

Can someone kindly comment on this please?

thanks guys!

--
J.D. Bronson
Information Services

-Taco Bell is *not* the Mexican Telephone Company-