Im trying to find the H and V sync rates for the LCD in

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Wed Nov 16 17:07:24 GMT 2005

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 November 2005 at 19:15:51 -0600, Eric Murphy wrote:
>
>>A Inspiron 9300, I cant seem to find this info ANYWHERE, and i want to
>>configuer Xorg :)   Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>

> What happens when you run this (from a text-mode terminal)?
>
>   X  -configure

If that doesn't work, I think I found the specs for my 9200 last
summer (shamefully, *not* in the Dell User's Manual) by Googling on
the LCD part number rather than "Inspiron". Check your invoice for
details.

Mine's a Samsung product, I think. I'm sure I have my notes from
that episode somewhere; post back if nothing else works and I'll try
to dig them up, or at least share my working xorg.conf.

YMMV. Which LCD type is it (WUXGA, WSXGA, other)? Hmm... perhaps
that is why the Inspiron owner's manual is so vague on this subject;
the actual display specs may vary depending on what options you choose.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348