USB Problems with Scanjet 3400c

Blue Raccoon blue.raccoon at wanadoo.nl
Tue Nov 15 21:52:02 GMT 2005

Roland,

Thanks for your help, but...

> You should verify that /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf has the line
> niash

It does. I removed the addition you suggested earlier.

> You cut put a line like usb /dev/uscanner0
> in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/niash.conf

I did (had to create the file).

> The most simple solution would be to have the following in
> /etc/devfs.rules:
> [devrules=10]
> add path 'uscanner*' mode 0666
> You'll also have to activate the ruleset 'devrules' by putting the
> following line in /etc/rc.conf:
> devfs_system_ruleset="devrules"

I did (had to create devfs.rules).

Then I rebooted, plugged the scanner in and got this:

uscanner0: vendor 0x03f0 product 0x045, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2
uscanner0: setting config no failed
device_attach: uscanner0 attach returned 6
uhub0: port 2, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem (STALLED), disabling port 2

Which is almost identical to the boot-errors I had before (the first line is
slightly different). Needless to say SANE still can't find the device.

What can I say?
'Helaas'?

- Jay