Printer prints garbage

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 15 20:31:04 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:15:50PM +0100, Ron wrote:
> 2005/11/15, James Bailie <jimmy at jamesbailie.com>:
> > Ron wrote:
> >
> >  > I am using Cups(I forgot to mention this).
> >
> > I know nothing of CUPS.  The manual is online however,
> > at:
> >
> > http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sum.html#3_7
> >
> > After a quick perusal, it appears one uses "lpstat" to get a job
> > id, and then one invokes "cancel [id]" and  then "lprm [id]" to
> > cancel the job.
> I had this problem two months ago, and someone suggested to do lpstat
> the next time it happened, but lpstat didn't give any output.
>
> So, in short, the issue remains. Maybe someone else reads this
> sometime and post me the solution.

If you run CUPS, you have to change settings so that CUPS overwrites the
BSD LPR commands (they have the same name for compatibility).

Add CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=true and NO_LPR=true to /etc/make.conf before
installing CUPS.

If that's done, you can give the command 'lprm -' as root to cancel all jobs.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt