dhcp server on multiple interfaces.

BSD Mail bsdmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 02:58:28 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm configuring a gateway machine with 3 network interfaces
int_ext (rl0) will obtained a real static IP from a public dhcp server.
int_dmz (fxp0) 10.0.1.1/24 <http://10.0.1.1/24>
> both internal networks will need a dhcp server to assign them the right
subnet
int_lan (xl0) 10.0.0.1/24 <http://10.0.0.1/24>

I already figured out how to specify multiple subnets and grouping, static
address etc... in the dhcp config file.

what I want to make sure of is the /etc/rc.conf
would this entry be valid and assign the right IP from the range of subnet :

dhcpd_ifaces="fxp0 xl0"

will that cause the dhcp server to assign 10.0.1.x/24 addresses to the
machines on the switch connected to fxp0 ?
and 10.0.0.x/24 to the machines on the switch connected to xl0 ?

If not what's the maximum number of interfaces I can specify in the option
dhcpd_ifaces="" assuming I have all the
subnets and related information configured correctly in the dhcpd.conf ?

--
thanks,