How can I install xorg-clients?

bob self bobself at charter.net
Mon Nov 14 22:21:46 GMT 2005

Dejan Lesjak wrote:

>bob self wrote:
>

>>after doing a portupgrade today I've got things messed up. I didn't read
>>/usr/ports/UPDATING. I have now un-installed xterm and xorg-clients and
>>am now trying to put them back in. I'm trying xorg-clients first but I
>>get this error.
>>
>>xdriinfo.o(.text+0x5b): In function `main':
>>: undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
>>*** Error code 1
>>

>You are using nvidia-driver aren't you? Try temporarily uninstalling
>nvidia-driver port. That should restore GLX libraries from X.Org and
>xorg-clients port should then compile properly. After that you can
>reinstall nvidia-driver.
>

>Dejan

Yes, I have the nvidia driver installed. I used pkg_delete to remove
nvidia-driver. I already had the latest xterm installed.
I was now able to install xorg-clients. Finally, I re-installed
nvidia-driver and now everything is back to normal.

For future reference, who do I blame for the broken ports? nvidia or
xorg-client?

Bob