xterm conflicts with xorg-clients

Jeppe Larsen jwl at io.dk
Mon Nov 14 17:55:53 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:22:08 +0000, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
> Don't delete any of those dependencies!  If you do then you will
> probably have to re-install those packages to get the dependencies back.
>
> I believe upgrading xorg-clients and then xterm should work, if only
> that damn xorg-clients port would compile!  I found this link late last
> night which might help, but haven't tried it myself yet.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-i386/2005-January/002040.html
>
> If you don't want to do all that then you'll have to get the xterm port
> back to the state it was before cvsup.  Either get it from a backup or
> try portdowngrade.  Deleting xterm port *was* a bad idea, sorry.  If you
> had left it alone then you'd be left with working xorg-client and xterm
> installed and could either chase the fix above at your leisure or wait
> for someone to fix it officially.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> --Alex

With portdowngrade i managed to install 206 again, so that might be
settled. It seems that the problem with xorg-client is another matter, but
this error in the link is from january, and the upgrade to 6.8.2_1 is from
yesterday??

--
vh
Jeppe W. Larsen

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end."