How to redirect mail sent to root to external mailbox?

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Mon Nov 14 17:42:33 GMT 2005

Mark J. Sommer wrote:
> [...]

A glance at the bat book tells me the exception (no masquerading) is
  inserted by

EXPOSED_USER(root)

Doh! I see it now. FreeBSD doesn't do it this way (so no "CE root").

For FreeBSD, non-masquerading for root is simply set by an entry in
/etc/mail/exposed-user-names, which is brought in by the
EXPOSED_USER_FILE directive in the default mc file. Edit
exposed-user-names to your heart's content (and pay attention in
case mergemaster throws it back at you during upgrades), and all
should be well.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348