xterm conflicts with xorg-clients

Jeppe Larsen jwl at io.dk
Mon Nov 14 17:07:22 GMT 2005

After running cvsup and portupgrade, I'm having some problems with xterm
and some other programs.
Portupgrade failed because of the following:

===>  xterm-206_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      xorg-clients-6.8.2

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

And then skipped a bunch of packages. Then i manually deinstalled xterm
(that was wrong perhaps?) and now when running portupgrade again it is
complaining about some stale dependency to xterm. For example:

Stale dependency: amarok-1.3.6 --> xterm-206 -- manually run 'pkgdb -F' to
fix, or specify -O to force.

Then running pkgdb -F asks me alot of questions regarding this stale
dependency and I am not sure what to do with it.

Then I read in UPDATING that one must upgrade xorg-clients before xterm,
but when i tried portupgrade xorg-clients I got:

Stale dependency: xorg-clients-6.8.2 --> xterm-206

Hmm, going in circles. Then i tried with the -F and xorg-clients started
to compile, but got an error code 1 with this:

cc -o xdriinfo -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium4 -ansi -pedantic -Wno-system-headers -Dasm=__asm  -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wundef     -L/usr/ports/x11/xorg-clients/work/xc/exports/lib   xdriinfo.o -lGL -lXext -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pthread    -Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/ports/x11/xorg-clients/work/xc/exports/lib
xdriinfo.o(.text+0x59): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
xdriinfo.o(.text+0x6a): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
*** Error code 1

What to do now?

--
regards,
Jeppe W. Larsen

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end."