FreeBSD 6.0 and Objective C

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Nov 14 05:53:35 GMT 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 8:11 PM, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 11/14/05 08:50 James Bailie said the following:
>> Try adding -lpthread to the compiler command line?
>
> actually -pthread would be better. not the missing el ('l').

I have a question about this (or similar solutions), as I hope to do
some Objective-C programming soon with SOPE <http://
sope.opengroupware.org/index.html>.  If the Objective-C library
requires pthreads, why does not the Objective-C library already
contain the references to that library?  It seems rather strange to
me that system library dependencies have to be manually met in my own
compile statements...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC