portmanager coredumps [with backtrace]

Alistair Sutton alistair.sutton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:17:40 GMT 2005

> I all ready have one pr against this port that looks like it will be pending
> until maintainer time out.  Saw this a while bck and thought I had
> portmanager working around it. Mind testing the attached patch and seeing if
> it helps?

Note: my /usr/ports tree is symlinked to somewhere within my home
directory so I don't know if this is causing any problems.

With the patch, rather than coredumping, portmanager now offers to
remove the win32-codecs port.

The output is like this:

(ajs at falter) ~> sudo portmanager multimedia/avifile -ui -l -bu
Password:
rCreateCommandLineDb 0.3.4_0 info: executing rm -f
/usr/local/share/portmanager/commandLine.db
upgrading/installing /usr/ports/multimedia/avifile
portmanager 0.3.4_0: Collecting installed port data
00001 avifile-0.7.41,2 /multimedia/avifile WITHOUT_QT=yes
 Unix/FreeBSD/ports/multimedia/avifile/../win32-codecs is no longer in
the ports collection, see /usr/ports/MOVED
this port must be removed for portmanager to continue
is it OK to remove  from your system? (yes/no/auto yes to all) [y/n/a] [y]

Previously I got this response:

(ajs at falter) ~> sudo portmanager multimedia/avifile -ui -l -bu
rCreateCommandLineDb 0.3.4_0 info: executing rm -f
/usr/local/share/portmanager/commandLine.db
upgrading/installing /usr/ports/multimedia/avifile
portmanager 0.3.4_0: Collecting installed port data
00001 avifile-0.7.41,2 /multimedia/avifile WITHOUT_QT=yes
cd: can't cd to /usr/portsUnix/FreeBSD/ports/multimedia/avifile/../win32-codecs
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  sudo portmanager
multimedia/avifile -ui -l -bu

If you want me to try moving the ports into /usr/ports properly, then
let me know :-)

Al
--
GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg