RELENG_6 cvsup returns 6.0-RC1

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Nov 11 23:32:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:20:23PM -0800, Frank Jahnke wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 18:21 -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>

> > > I've read on other boards about the same issue (see
> > > http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36432 ).  When I
> > > upgraded from -RC1 to 6.0-RELEASE (by portupgrade) I used the tag I
> > > mentioned without issues.
> >
> > OK, but you're still wrong :-)
> >
> > Kris
>
> If you are talking about the tag designations, you're right, but it
> worked for me!

You're trying to do something different: upgrade to
6.0-RELEASE+security patches instead of upgrade to 6.0-STABLE.  If
it's indeed a cvsup server that stopped updating in the 6.0-RC1
timeframe, neither will work with that server (hence why I asked for
confirmation), but the user wanted the latter, and you gave him the
wrong branch tag.

> I also remember something in the release notes about
> this, I think...

I doubt it...you must be mis-remembering.

Kris