issues with installworld on fbsd6 & libcom_err

Eric Ekong eric at unixtechs.org
Fri Nov 11 14:17:21 GMT 2005

I had no errors when building world, but it seems each time I have
tried to installworld I come up with the same error.  It shows up in
the lib/libcom_err directory.  No matter what shell I try fixes the
issue.  I have gone as far as to delete all the directories in /usr/src
and re cvsup.  I have no options in /etc/make.conf outside of the
ones put there by perl and KERNCONF=KERNELNAME.  Like I said it builds
with no problem, but error code 1 outs each time during make
installworld.

===> lib/libcom_err (install)
install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libcom_err.a /usr/lib
install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libcom_err_p.a /usr/lib
install -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     libcom_err.so.3 /usr/lib
ln -fs libcom_err.so.3 /usr/lib/libcom_err.so
install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
/usr/src/lib/libcom_err/../../contrib/com_err/com_err.h
/usr/src/lib/libcom_err/../../contrib/com_err/com_right.h /usr/include
install -o root -g wheel -m 444 com_err.3.gz  /usr/share/man/man3
===> lib/libcom_err/doc (install)
install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."
--defentry="* libcom_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description
Library for UNIX."  com_err.info /usr/share/info/dir
install-info: /usr/share/info/dir: empty file
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/doc.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

Any suggestions on how to fix this so I can get fbsd 6 world installed
so I can run portmanger to update a crap load of ports would be
appreciated.

Eric
Eric I. Ekong                        eric at unixtechs.org
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve     http://www.freebsd.org
K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD http://freebsd.kde.org

Laws of Serendipity:

        (1) In order to discover anything, you must be looking for
            something.
        (2) If you wish to make an improved product, you must already
            be engaged in making an inferior one.