Upgrading to pgsql 8.1 via ports

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 06:42:15 GMT 2005

So PostgreSQL 8.1 was released a few days ago, and I was looking
forward to upgrading to it.  Figured it might take a day or two before
the changes were made in ports, and was surprised to see that my
postgresql packages are still up to date.  The packages I have
installed are postgresql-server and postgresql-client...which
according to freshports.org don't exist!  Right now I'm running 8.0,
but I guess I have some outdated packages that may have been deleted?
I don't know, to be honest.

So I've got a few questions.  First, should I not be using
postgresql-server and postgresql-client?  They don't seem to be in
/usr/ports/databases anymore, and I definitely installed them from
ports.  Should I use postgresql81-server now instead?  What do I need
to do in order to upgrade my system to use pgsql 8.1?

Thanks,
Pat