KDE Konqueror:Can i have konqueror without KDEstuff port

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Wed Nov 9 13:42:39 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 02:50 am, George Katsanos wrote:
> is there any way [or do you know the exact port] that will save me from
> installing kde base , kde , kdelibs and zillions of kde stuff [which I hate]
> at my computer?

No.  The reason is that Konqueror *is* KDE in a very real sense.  It has very
little functionality on its own, but instead uses parts of other packages to
do all its work.  Even such "minor" things as fetching files via HTTP are
farmed out to KIO-slaves from other packages.

Konqueror is probably more likely than any other KDE program to have an
enormous number of dependencies.  That's by design and not really something
that could be stripped down.
--
Kirk Strauser