USB Hard Drive Problems

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:32:20 GMT 2005

On 11/8/05, jhall at vandaliamo.net <jhall at vandaliamo.net> wrote:
> The actual enclosure is made by Western Digital.
>
> If I run usbdevs I receive the following output.
>
> addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
> addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
> addr 1: EHCI root hub, Intel
>  addr 2: External HDD, Western Digital
>
> I'm guessing the device would be /dev/da0s1.

Most likely.

The EHCI device claims to be buggy in 5.3 and 5.4.  You might try
disabling it to see if the drive is correctly classified when it is
handled by the UHCI device.  Actually, I don't even know if those are
the drivers that do the device classification, but in the absence of
that information, it seems worth a try.

- Bob