NFS Installation Issues

Matthew Smith matt at kbc.net.au
Tue Nov 8 03:34:40 GMT 2005

Hi Folks

The problem hasn't gone away - no network card is identified.  I have
now tried the following:

1) Change network card (tested both Realtek and DLink)
2) Try both FreeBSD 6.0 and 5.4 (no difference)
3) Try boot without ACPI (same result on 6.0 and 5.4: can't find hard discs)
4) Reset BIOS to factory defaults (no difference)

If nobody has any bright ideas, I'll just have to go back to struggle on
with Linux for this project and try FreeBSD again when I've got other
hardware I can play with.  (My reason for moving from Linux for this
project was the fact that the BSD kernel seems better suited to working
with PPS timekeeping - trying to turn an aged Thinkpad into a stratum 1
time server.)

I can only assume that FreeBSD has some problem with my MoBo or BIOS.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
South Australia
http://www.kbc.net.au