How to sort find results

Jeffrey Ellis jellis at dhnet.us
Mon Nov 7 22:08:09 GMT 2005

Y'know, being a newbie at something is about as stupid as things generally
get. So I'm feeling totally dumb at the moment.

The directory I need to perform the find on, when using find, is just "/".

find -x /

The -x is to limit the find to only the startup volume.

But when I try:

# ./date_sort /

I get:

use: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I am in the proper directory (the one where date_sort is located) and did
the chmod.

Something really obvious right? Like the directory for this script to do the
same thing find is doing needs a different form?

All My Best,
Jeffrey