filesystem full error

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Nov 7 17:57:01 GMT 2005

On 11/07/05 12:57 Dave Webster said the following:
> Thanks for the response,
> I edited the /etc/rc.conf with the clear_tmp_enable="YES"
> rebooted
> reran pkg_add -r openoffice

you're running out of space on /var, and an openoffice package install
takes up a lot in /var/tmp. what you can do, since you seem to have gigs
available in /usr, is to mv /var/tmp to /usr and create a link from
/var/tmp to /usr/tmp and try again. 256MB for a /var partition these days
is small, and i normally use >1GB on it if disk space isnt a problem.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/