Fast diff command for large files?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Mon Nov 7 15:52:08 GMT 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 22:19, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> if you have access to the "legacy/FoxPro" application, it should be
> modifed to add a timestamp to each reccord modification.

Don't underestimate the strength of the word "legacy".  To be honest, if we
had the manhours to rewrite it, we'd take the opportunity to run it
directly against the PostgreSQL server.

What we're gaining out of this system is the ability to migrate our old
applications at our leisure, and the opportunity to write new applications
against a real RDBMS that contains the same data.  It's certainly not the
ideal, but it's working out very well for us.
--
Kirk Strauser