Changing location of ports tree

ross ross.penner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:53:48 GMT 2005

My /usr partition is to small for some of the larger programs
(openoffice.org, jdk, etc) and I want to move my ports tree to a harddrive
with more space. can I just change the line in
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf that says "ENV['PORTSDIR'] ||= '/usr/ports'"
to "ENV['PORTSDIR'] ||= '/mybigfatharddrive/ports'"?

Will all the pkg tools such as portsnap, portupgrade, and portversion
continue to function properly? will I have to edit any other config files
before this will work seemlessly?
--
What time is it?

Dodgeball Time!