how to setup DNS server and making sub-domains in DSL server

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Sun Nov 6 20:49:53 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 02:01:00PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Your fisrt and hardest roadblock will be getting your provider to allow
> YOU to be authoritive for the IP or IP's you use.

That's not necessary - I host the DNS, web sites and mail for a dozen
different domains off an IP address for which I don't control the DNS
(in fact it doesn't even have a DNS record). Reverse DNS control is
always useful, but not a requirement for what he wants to do.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk