What happened with portaudit?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:19:47 GMT 2005

Kövesdán Gábor sat at his 'puter and typed on 11/6/2005 22:00:
> Hello,
>
> One of my machines I got a report about 3 vulnerable packages (php4,
> ruby, openssl) in tomorrows security run output, but in today's
> security run output all of them disappeared, but nobody upgraded or
> removed the affected packages. I reinstalled portaudit, refreshd its
> database, but now it reports 0 affected pakages. The pkg_info command
> lists that three packages, so they are still installed. Does anybody
> suspect what's wrong?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gabor Kovesdan

The first thing I would do is check the tripwire checksums.

Thanks
S.

--
               |               Subhro Sankha Kar
    \   /      |  GSM: +919831064613  --  Fax: +919831832913
     \./       |  MSN:subhro at subhro.org  --  Yahoo: subhro82
    (0Y0)      |  ICQ: 203567534         --  AIM: bsdboy1982