getting an old NIC to work

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Sun Nov 6 15:25:54 GMT 2005

> Well, that may take a few days, until I scrounge up an extra
> NIC... but thanks for the assistance.  At least I know I was
> going about the testing the right way.

Good stuff.

However, there is one more test you can do (if possible). If the 'bad'
NIC can be removed from the affected box, if it's not imbedded in the
MB, then you can try putting it in another box, just to eliminate the
very, very slight possibility this is a computer issue, and not a NIC
issue.

Just a thought. I wish you lived next door, I've got about 30 NIC's
laying around...I work at an ISP ;)

Steve